December 11, Historic Houses of Worship Tour
December 11, 2021 @ 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm| $15.00
December 11, 3:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Historic Houses of Worship Tour – A Joint Fundraiser for the Historic Society of Carroll County Maryland and the Shepherd’s Staff. The following churches are participating:
Benjamin’s-Krider’s United Church of Christ, 208 Kriders Church Road, Westminster
Church of the Ascension Episcopal, 23 N. Court Street, Westminster
Grace Evangelical Lutheran Church. 21 Carroll Street, Westminster
Jerusalem Evangelical Lutheran Church, 1372 Bachman’s Valley Road, Westminster
- Jacob Ziegler, an extraordinary organist, playing beautiful Christmas hymns between 4 – 5 pm
Meadow Branch Church of the Brethren, 818 Old Taneytown Road, Westminster
St. Benjamin’ Evangelical Lutheran Church, 700 Krider’s Cemetery Road, Westminster
St. Mary’s Evangelical Lutheran Church, 3978 Littlestown Pike, Westminster
- Display of Nativities throughout worship space
- Christmas music throughout the event
- Guides on hand to answer questions about the history and architecture of St. Mary’s –
St. Mary’s United Church of Christ, 1441 Mayberry Road, Westminster
St. Paul’s United Church of Christ, 17 Bond Street, Westminster
Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church, 38 W. Baltimore Street, Taneytown, MD 21787
- Musical presentation hourly on the hour
- Historical presentation hourly on the half hour
Westminster Church of the Brethren, 1 Park Avenue, Westminster
- WCB Itinerary Entertainment in the Sanctuary: 3:00-3:30- Bob and Jennifer Schellhammer, vocal music with guitar and mountain dulcimer 3:30-4:00 Choir sings carols 4:00-4:15 Bob and Jennifer Schellhammer, vocal music with guitar and mountain dulcimer4:15-4:30 Piano music by Julie Richard4:30-5:00 Choir sings carols
- 5:00-5:30 Organ music by Ann Young
- 5:30-6:00 Bob and Jennifer Schellhammer, vocal music with guitar and mountain dulcimer
- 6:00-7:00 Recorded music plays
- In our church library, we will have a table display plus homemade cookies and drinks.
- Masks and social distancing required.
Westminster United Methodist Church, 165 East Main Street, Westminster, MD 21157
- Concert starts at 7:30 pm at Westminster United Methodist Church, 165 E. Main Street, Westminster, MD 21157
- LEAVES the 99, a four piece acoustic group, will bring in the season with a mix of Christian praise music, familiar oldies and seasonal favorites.
- They will be joined in concert by two women’s vocal groups: All are Welcome! and VOICES 3
Tickets are $15.00 per person and include a free electronic booklet available for viewing. The option to purchase the paper booklet is available for $5.00. The booklet will have the addresses of all the churches and the special events and sponsor promotions. Tickets and booklets ordered before November 23 will be mailed. After November 23, tickets and booklets must be picked up from 210 E Main Street, Westminster (Administrative Office.) Checks and cash can only be available in person at HSCC.
All ticket and booklet purchases made through HSCC, not through individual churches. Tickets will be punched at the entry of the churches and need to be presented upon entry.
This is a Rain or Shine Event, no cancellations due to snow or Covid19. Tickets are nonrefundable, but they are transferrable.
Call or email any questions: email@example.com
410-848-6494 ext 200
Historic Society of Carroll County and The Shepherd’s Staff, sponsor Caramel Kettle, Taneytown (and 10% off coupon on each ticket.)