The Historical Society of Carroll County invites your Elementary-grade classes to tour our facilities for a experience in how people lived over two hundred years ago in Carroll County. As you make your plans, please keep the following in mind:
- Tour dates are limited and are scheduled on a “first come-first served” basis.
- Tours take approximately two to two and a half hours and can accommodate 45-50 students per tour.
- The cost is $5.00 per student; adult chaperones and teachers are the Society’s guests at no charge.
- Tours may also be coordinate with the Union Mills Homestead by contacting them directly. (See note below.)
- All aspects of HSCC educational offerings are ADA accessible.
To schedule your tour, please contact 410-848-6494 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Classes often coordinate their field trips between the Historical Society and the Homestead at Union Mills. Students experience both 19th-century city and industrial sites. Half of each group visits each site in the morning and then switch for the afternoon. Separate arrangements must be made with Union Mills Homestead by calling 410-848-2288.
The Historical Society rents engaging educational kits! Click here for more.