Visitor Services Assistant (8hrs/wk. with regular Saturdays)
This position reports directly to and is supervised by the HSCC Outreach and Events Coordinator. The Visitor Services Assistant works alongside greeters and docents and maintains regular public hours on Saturdays from 10am-4pm. Saturday time off is available in coordination with the Outreach and Events Coordinator. The position assists in various outreach initiatives including but not limited to giving tours, assisting patrons in the Society’s shop and assigned administrative and clerical functions.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provides opening and closing assistance on Saturdays (10am-4pm) and is the Society’s lead visitor services assistant during weekends
- Works closely with the Society’s Outreach and Events Coordinator in the execution of clerical duties, including the reconciliation and preparation of the shop’s income and register reports
- Assists with patron services on site, including tours of the Society’s historic buildings and exhibits
- Works closely with other volunteers, docents and students to enhance the visitors experience for patrons under the supervision of the Outreach and Events Coordinator
- Promotes membership, events and programs
- Assists on occasion with rental opening and closing procedures under the direct supervision of the Outreach and Events Coordinator
- As time permits, occasionally assists with outreach, event and educational activities
- Executes clerical and administrative functions as assigned by the Outreach and Events Coordinator in consultation with the Executive Director
Skills and Key Requirements:
- Self-starter and highly organized
- A passion for working with the public and outgoing
- Ability to cover Saturdays (10am-4pm) and when scheduling conflicts arise, on occasion, coordinate with the Outreach and Events Coordinator to ensure Saturday hours are covered
- Experience in non-profit settings a plus but not required
- Experience in arts and culture or public history settings a plus but not required
- Basic computer, email and Microsoft-based software proficiency required
The incumbent will need to undergo a standard background check and will start with a 6-month probationary period. Expected start date January 2023. This is a part-time hourly position at $12.50 per hour. Pay is issued bimonthly via direct deposit via a time-sheet. Saturdays essential.
The Historical Society of Carroll County, Maryland
210 East Main Street Westminster MD21157
Point of Contact: Jason Illari, Executive Director
Email Letter of Interest and Resume in PDF format or questions to email@example.com AND firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position open until filled.
Posted November 10, 2022